Saturday, May 14, 2011

PE1_iMovie

Today's Conundrum:


What state name reads correctly if you write it in all caps and turn the paper upside down and look at it in the mirror?

Answer to Why is the Sky Blue Conundrum?


This is actually not a simple concept at all, but I will try to describe it in simple terms; everyone is not a scientist.  It involves physics and the electromagnetic spectrum (the visible light portion).  All objects have properties that allow them to absorb, scatter or do both with light wavelengths. The color of an object depends on which wavelengths of light it scatters.  In the atmosphere, nitrogen and oxygen atoms scatter the wavelength corresponding to blue much more efficiently than the other colors, therefore, we perceive that the sky is blue.  On a cloudy day, the sun's light rays are still scattered, but you see less of the bright blue color.  


I was very pleased to find out that I no longer have to duplicate clips in order to place them in multiple places.  The Split tool is a great new feature I discovered after watching the iMovie tutorial on Lynda.com.  I also think I have the hang of adding clips to the Project window, because before, I was having fits trying to get the clips up to the Project window!  Both of these may seem like easy tasks to some, but they were not so easy for me prior to the tutorial.  I was also unaware of the ability to view the Project window as a single line.  I think I prefer the normal (default) layout and not scrolling left to right to see the project (much like Garrick Chow said in the tutorial).



No comments:

Post a Comment